On 8/6/2011 8:35 AM, John Mikes wrote:
Stasthis,

let me barge in with one fundamental - not dispersing my reply into those (many and long) details:

As I read your comments/replies (and I agree with your position within the limits I want to expose here), I have the feeling that you agree with the rest of the combatants in considering 'the brain', our idea about 'intelligence' and 'consciousness' as complete and total. I argue that it is not. Upon historic reminiscence all such inventory about these (and many more) concepts has been growing by addition and by phasing out imaginary 'content' as we 'learn', - an ongoing process that does not seem to have reached the ultimate end/completion.

So you are right in considering whatever we new yesterday (my substitution for today) but not including what we may know tomorrow. Drawing conclusions upon incomplete inventory does not seem acceptable.

Regards
John Mikes

If we wait until we know everything, we'll never draw any conclusion; which is OK for science. But for engineering we need to make decisions.