From: Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 15, 2011 9:21 am
Subject: Re: The consciousness singularity

n 14 Nov 2011, at 18:39, benjayk wrote:

 I have a few more ideas to add, considering how this singularity
 might work
 in practice.

 I think that actually consciousness does not start in a linear
 fashion in
 our coherent material world, but creates an infinity of semi-coherent
 beginngs all the time (at all levels of consciousness), which might be
 termed "virtual experiences", that exist right now. These are
 experiences
 are more akin to exploring the possibility space than having a
 consistent
 world (though they have to have a relative consistency, no one wants
 experience random noise). This would explain the encounters with
 intelligent
 entities encountered on drug trips (sometimes dreams and
 meditation), that
 seem very conscious. It seems hard to explain where they could come
 from in
 coventional terms (future, spririt world, parallel universes,
 etc...?).
Why not mind subroutine? Living in Platonia, and manifesting through
rain's module?
his is already the case if mechanism is correct.

> My
 theory is that they are virtual beings, that really experience, but
 in them
 consciousness has not yet decided by which "real" entitiy (like a
 human) it
 is experienced, in which way the real subjective future will be
 experienced
 (there already might exist a virtual future, though), when it is
 experienced
 in reality and how exactly the experience is reflected to outside
 observers.
The thema of this list is that virtual or possible = real. Real =
irtual seen from inside.
You are reintroducing a suspect reality selection principle, similar
o the "wave collapse".
Bruno

 They are somehow left in abeyance.
 In the future, and partially already in the present, we might
 download these
 experiences and interface them with our normal history. With
 download, I
 mean experience them, and giving them a context, so they can become
 actual
 in a manner that makes sense in our reality. This can happen in our
 imagination, in our dreams, through playing games, reading books,
 surfing
 the internet and on trips.
 As we download the experience, we may infuse it with our
 personality/humaness (this often felt as merging with entities on
 trips),
 which leads to more consistent development in the virtual realm (so
 that
 entities can exist that are stable enough to make a clear and
 consistent
 communication possible).
 On the other hand, by downloading experiences, we can infuse our
 realm with
 creative new ideas (and the possibility of paranormal events), bring
 these
 virtual realm on earth.

 If we learn to navigate this virtual realm more efficiently in the
 future,
 it might be immensly powerful. For example, it allows the interaction
 between physically seperated entities.
 Or it may allow us to make time jumps (of course not collectively,
 since
 someone has to be there to make the time that we skip). That would
 allow for
 truly awesomely fast subjective development. Imagine you live your
 life, and
 at some point a virtual entities contacts you to die and jump
 1000000 years
 into the future (where you get an appropiate body and mind for that
 future,
 of course). Right now we can't jump, because we need everyone on
 earth to
 make the world in normal time work. But if we learn to virtualize
 ourselves
 (/navigate the virtual realm) we may, instead of going to the world
 ourselves, send "copies" for some time (that are "played" by other
 ones) and
 in that way prolong the time until we have to come to earth (or
 whatever
 exists then) again.

 benjayk
> .

ou received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
Everything List" group.
o post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
or more options, visit this group at