On 2/14/2012 10:48 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012  1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com <mailto:peterdjo...@yahoo.com>>
wrote:

> Free Will is defined as "the power or ability to rationally choose

If its rational then there is a reason for it and thus it's deterministic.

Except that game theory shows that the rational strategy may be to make random
choices.

    > and consciously perform actions, at least some of which are not brought
about
    necessarily and inevitably by external circumstances.

So a hand calculator hooked up to a roulette wheel so that one time in 37 it gives the wrong answer has free will.

I don't see that would count as an "ability to rationally choose" unless the calculator was smart enough to understand game theory.

Brent

 John K Clark