On 6/25/2012 3:54 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com <mailto:johnkcl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, Jun 25, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
<mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>>
    wrote:

        > The question is do you agree with it, or not. So that we can move to
step 4.

    I've lost track, is step 3 the trivial observation that sometimes we don't
know what
    we're going to do, or was that step 2?

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHAL.htm <http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/%7Emarchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHAL.htm>

It's not that we don't know what we are going to do, but we don't know what we are going to experience (even if we could have complete information about our mind). It is impossible to have complete information about one's environment because we exist within an infinite number of them. Acquiring information from our environment is a process that occurs over time. This information can differentiate some of the infinite environments from others, but there will never be certainty regarding the stability or continuity of the environment because some fraction of our infinite environments will take highly divergent paths. In the next second you could find yourself a trillion light-years from your current location if someone there happened to recreated you in your current form.

Or find 'yourself' a Boltzmann brain.