On 6/26/2012 11:49 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
Here there is a big question whether an engineer has free will (is
an engineer different in this respect from a scientist?).

I think we've already elucidated several different possible meanings
for 'free will'. Which one do you refer to?

In this context whether something depends on mental states of Colin's brain expressed in his paper or not.

In other words, whether the M-theory has already determined all
actions of engineers or engineering allows us to find out whether
the M-theory is correct.

What difference would it make, whether the answer is 'yes' or 'no',
given that we don't (and can't) *know* the answer?

A typical metaphysical statement could affect other statements that implicitly depend on it. Hence, in my view a different choice above causes different consequences, in a sense that positions assumed will be different.

Evgenii