On 6/25/2012 6:22 PM, Colin Geoffrey Hales wrote:

Hi,

Hales, C. G. 2012 The modern phlogiston: why 'thinking machines' don't need computers TheConversation. The Conversation media Group.

http://www.theconversation.edu.au/the-modern-phlogiston-why-thinking-machines-dont-need-computers-7881

Cheers

Colin

P.S. I am done with this issue. I'll just 'Lavoisier' my way through the
phlogiston.

Good luck. I agree with your point: Engineering first, then science. But you must know it's not as simple as "tissue" implying some undifferentiated stuff. Even planaria have a wiring diagram, so to get AGI you probably need to start with the right wiring diagram. And if it is right it will still take a long time to educate it.

Brent
"Artificial intelligence is just whatever doesn't work yet."