On Sat, Nov 17, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> "You" mean the Helsinki guy.

OK, so if you are the Helsinki guy and the Helsinki guy is the guy who is
still experiencing Helsinki then the answer to the question "what city will
you see when you push that button?"  is no city at all.

> To remain the Helsinki guy, you need only to remember having been the
> Helsinki guy.

OK, so if you are the Helsinki guy and the Helsinki guy is the guy who
remembers being the Helsinki guy and BOTH the Moscow man AND the Washington
man remember being the Helsinki guy then the answer to the question "what
city will you see when you push that button?" is Washington only AND Moscow
only, because "you" HAS BEEN DUPLICATED. And no amount of peeing is going
to get you out of this mess.

> There is no problem with the pronouns

Far from being a problem pronouns, especially personal pronouns, are
absolutely essential for Bruno to communicate ideas, without them and the
ambiguity they invariably produce the logical absurdity that Bruno's proof
is based on would stand out in stark relief.  Pronouns are good hiding
places from that pesky thing called logical analysis.

> So now you agree that phenomenologically the comp indeterminacy is
> similar as the quantum indeterminacy

I don't know perhaps I do agree, but before I know for sure I'll first have
to figure out what "comp" is, and then figure out what phenomenological
comp indeterminacy is; fortunately I already know what quantum
indeterminacy is.

> Try to move on step 4,

In other words try to forget that step 4 and all the steps after it are
built on a foundation as sturdy as jello. Sorry I can't do that.

  John K Clark