On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:15:28 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

>  Can you answer my question?
>>

> Because conservatives generally speak from the perspective of the dominant
> culture.
>

> Hi Craig,
>
>     Are there some other characteristics of conservatives that identifies
> them? Does the particular nature of the culture matter for you?

Lakoff seems to be on to something when he says that conservatives
represent the view of the strict father oriented family. Which gibes with
the whole 'pathology rooted in fear and aggression' diagnosis in that study
I quoted.

>  The perspective is always - 'people who aren't like me have it easy' or
> 'inequality isn't important'. It's never 'yes, of course as a white male in
> the US, I am among the most privileged people who has ever lived, and I
> recognize the problems that might pose to others outside of my group and
> how important it is to address those problems and participate with those
> others as equals to the extent that I can.'
>

>     OK, being born into a class automatically places a burden on one's
> life or otherwise coerces a person to act in a certain way? Really? Is this
> an absolute fact? Care for a minority report on that?

It's not about how a person acts, it's about where the person is allowed to
act. What country clubs they have access to. How long they have to tour
Europe after college before they get come home and apply for six figure
jobs.

Craig