On Monday, December 17, 2012 9:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> On 12/17/2012 9:23 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> > Stamping out fear of every kind in the world is a worthy cause.
>
> Wrong!
>
>      Fear of those things that will kill you is healthy. This is why
> pain exists.

Then we should promote a crippling fear of fast food and a stressful,
sedentary lifestyle.

It is important to be able to pay attention to what is dangerous and to be
able to act responsibly toward it, but there's no reason to ornament it
with any sentiment or patriotism. I have no problem avoiding things that
can kill me without nurturing fears about them.

Craig