On Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:39:06 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
> > Astrology is interesting to me because if there were nothing to it than
>> the charts of important figures and events in history, and members of
>> families would show no meaningful patterns beyond what is expected by
>> coincidence and confirmation bias. If you look at the actual charts and
>> analyze them you will find an unfailing and obvious correspondence even
>> subtracting out a generous confirmation bias. Look them up. See what
>> Napoleon's chart looks like, and Hitler, and Einstein.
>>

> Hitler's birthday was April 20, so was soul singer Luther Vandross and
> actor George (Mr. Sulu) Takei. Einstein's birthday was March 14, so was Dr.
> Seuss and Billy Crystal. Leo (War and Peace) Tolstoy and Honey Boo Boo were
> both born on August 28, and Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin were both
> born at exactly the same time, same day same year.

First of all, it's not just the same day of the year, the exact location,
year, and time factor in also - but even identical twins are not the same
person. The themes involved are about polarity, so that twins often oppose
each other as far as which extremes they express...and these are just
themes, not controlling mechanisms. Astrology and numerology both are not
supposed to be predictive sciences, they are reflective arts.

 As for Lincoln and Darwin, they are not a bad example at all. They were
not born at the same time or place, but they still embody the Aquarian
tension of revolutionary rationalism. symbolized by the Saturnian-Uranian
co-'rulership' of Aquarius.

(from
http://www.prometheusbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=461&zenid=rg6mgiba3utmerg3b69k0ci3u6)

"While the coincidence of these two men being born on exactly the same day
might fill astrologers with glee, further reflection points to many
parallels and intersections in their lives. In this unique approach to
history and biography, historian David R. Contosta examines the lives and
careers of Lincoln (the political rebel) and Darwin (the scientific rebel),
and notes many surprising and illuminating points of comparison.

   - Lost their mothers in childhood and later lost beloved children at
   young ages.
   - Had strained relations with their fathers.
   - Went through years of searching for a direction to their lives.
   - Struggled with religious doubt.
   - Were latter-day sons of the Enlightenment who elevated reason over
   religious revelation.
   - Suffered from severe bouts of depression.
   - Were ambitious as well as patient, with sure and steady mental powers
   rather than quick minds.
   - Possessed an excellent sense of pacing that allowed them to wait until
   the time was ripe for their ideas and leadership.

Looking at their charts:

[image:
http://judecowell.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/lincoln-natal-assassination.jpg]

http://catalystastrology.com/images/charlesdarwin.jpg

With their interesting combination of Mars in Libra squaring their Moon and
trining their Sun, it is unsurprising that they would share a lasting
legacy which is both emotionally contentious and powerfully progressive.
There are a ton of things there. The Neptune Saturn conjunction with the
Jupiter stellium in Neptune-ruled Pisces is very much about redemption and
themes of devotion and duty...self-sacrifice. I don't know if I trust the
time on Darwin's chart, but if it's in the neighborhood of right, then it
would make sense that he put science first while Lincoln, with his Sun
rising, put his leadership role first.

> > They are all readily available online. Look up the Moon landing and JFK
>> assassination. If you are interested, then don't take my word for it.
>>

> They would be a lot more impressive if these predictions had been made
> before the moon landings and assassination not after. It's easy to make
> predictions after the fact.

The idea that astrology is about prediction is one which has been promoted
by tabloid horoscope columns, but that is not a good way of using it or of
understanding what it is really about. It can be predictive in the sense
that meteorology is predictive, but overall, as with the weather, someone
would be better advised taking their cues from their direct perception most
of the time, and taking the astrological themes as a kind of supplemental
source. Astrology is not about cause and effect, it is about archetypal
themes.

> And
> I stand by what I said before, after these embarrassingly stupid comments
> I don't see how anybody who values rationality can take anything that Craig
> Weinberg says seriously.

Astrology is extremely rational, which is why scientific development tends
to begin with some form of astronomy-based divination. Your bigotry is well
known on this list, so I welcome your seal of disapproval as a way to
encourage narrow-minded thinkers not to waste my time, and to inspire the
curiosity of others.

Craig