On 4/16/2013 2:16 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
But as logician, I can't exclude completely a (comp) physics with non causal events, as the physics extracted from comp is only in its infancy, to say the least. Even in that case the non physical cause will have an arithmetical reason, and that non cause would emerge from the first person (plural) indeterminacy on the UD* or (sigma1) arithmetic. No need of unnecessary magic.

I would expect that in comp the same event would have arbitrarily many
different causes.

Hmm... That's a bit ambiguous. I would say that a physical event has one cause : the multiple arithmetical realization leasing to some observer state. There is one cause or one reason, but it is infinite in extent---it is infinitely realized or implemented in arithmetic.

As Stathis pointed out, since a brain has only a finite number of possible states (assuming comp) it is inevitable that a state be repeated provided the brain lasts long enough. But there need not be identical causal chains leading to this state. A Turing machine can reach the same state by different sequences of computation. QM is time reversal invariant, so if it predicts different future states of the observer then it also retrodicts different past states.