On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> The M-guy is the H-guy  (the M-guy remembers having been the H-guy)

The  H-guy turns into the M-guy, but they are not identical just as you are
not identical with the Bruno Marchal of yesterday.

> The W-guy is the H-guy  (the W-guy  remembers having been the H-guy)

The  H-guy turns into the W-guy, but they are not identical just as you are
not identical with the Bruno Marchal of yesterday

> > But the M-guy is not the W-guy

True, but the H-guy and the M-guy and the M-guy are all Bruno Marchal
because BRUNO MARCHAL HAS BEEN DUPLICATED.

>The rest are unconvincing rhetorical tricks,

Rhetorical tricks my ass! These are details of profound importance  simply
glossed over with the slapdash use of personal pronouns. And that's pretty
damn sloppy for a mathematician.

> and which, btw,  can be done for the quantum indeterminacy,

The criticism some have with Quantum Mechanics is that what it says is very
very odd, but odd or not and love it or hate it what Quantum Mechanics says
is crystal clear and it gets the job done; in contrast when your ideas are
not opaque they are logically inconsistent.

> > Each time we talk about the prediction the "he" refer to the guy in
> Helsinki before the duplication,

If "he" refers to Bruno Marchal the Helsinki guy then the correct
prediction  "he" would make is that "he" will see Helsinki and only
Helsinki; not that predictions, good or bad, have the slightest thing to do
with a feeling of continuity or feeling of self. And if you want to say
that Bruno Marchal the Helsinki guy is dead then fine, but then you must
also say that Bruno Marchal of yesterday is dead and personally I don't
want to torture the language more that I have to under these very odd
circumstances of self duplication.

> you fake misunderstanding

Why on earth would I, or anyone, pretend not to understand something when
they really did?

> of the most easy part of the reasoning.

If this is the clearest reasoning in your "proof" then I'm doubly glad I
didn't read anymore.

  John K Clark