On 26 November 2013 21:24, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 November 2013 17:47, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Where is the glamorization of genocide??  The U.S. fought WW2 to defeat
>> practitioners of genocide, when it could have just defended its borders and
>> let the Nazis have Europe and Japan take China.  And now you accuse us of
>> glamorizing genocide!?
>>
>> I was referring to westerns.
>

>> Although tbh there *is *a lot of glamourisation of violence  in TV and
movies, and especially ones made in  America --- amongst other places, of
course, but it seems particularly prevalent in US output, so much so that
we rarely watch any American TV anymore, despite the fact that we watch a
lot of detecttive shows (we make an exception for "Elementary"). But so
much TV from the US seems to be full of people being shot, and often in a
"clean" way - they fall down dead, rather than dying realistically, in a
painful, protracted, voiding-their-bowels sort of way.