Hi Jason,

  I would like to know the definition of "reality" that you are using here.
Here is mine: *That which is incontrovertible for some collection of
observers that can communicate*. This definition requires interactions and
thus requires some form of primitive becoming. Platonia does not change.
Explain why there is an appearance of change that does not involve some
reference to the natural ordering of the integers. Please.

Once we allow for Godel numbers, how can we still claim to use the natural
order of the integers? We have already shown that a random sequence of
numbers is a computation. Where do we find a "random sequence" in the
naturally ordered string of Integers?

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Stephen Paul King <
> stephe...@provensecure.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi LizR,
>>
>>   This is fun! :-) We must remember that we are defining People as
>> intersections of infinitely many computations. Right? Their perceptions of
>> themselves as physical being having some particular set of configuration,
>> for example bilateral symmetry, etc. is not really relevant to UDA. So, if
>> there is a change in accessibility to data, facts, etc. Where is that
>> "change" coming from".
>>
>>   This is my problem: We are presented with an argument that works in
>> Platonia and we have no explanation as to the relation it has with the
>> "real world" where things change and degrade and evolve, etc. What is
>> measuring that change?
>>

> If the argument is correct there is no other reality but Platonia. The
> "real world" is a product of the computations in platonia.
>
> Jason
>

>> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 28 December 2013 17:46, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com

>>> I agree digital archaeology is a real problem, but so would analogue be
>>> without the relevant machines to play it back (admittedly it's easier to
>>> decode analogue from first principles). But that is a different form of
>>> degrading. If you have a system capable of copying the data it should be
>>> more or less 100% accurate.

>>>  --
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Kindest Regards,
>>
>> Stephen Paul King
>>
>> Senior Researcher
>>
>> Mobile: (864) 567-3099
>>
>> stephe...@provensecure.com
>>
>>  http://www.provensecure.us/
>>

>> “This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
>> the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
>> information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and
>> exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as
>> attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>> hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
>> this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>> message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message
>> immediately.”
>>
>> --
>>

>  --

Kindest Regards,