Brent,

What makes some computations real is that they are computing real and
actual processes of reality. They are actually running in reality computing
the actual state of reality instead of running in some teen ager's fantasy
or video game. That should be obvious...

Example the computations that determine the conservation of particle
properties in particle interactions are real because they are actually
computing real processes. But the computations that are running in a video
game or sci fi film are obviously not computing any reality at all.

Are we now unable to distinguish fiction from reality?

Edgar