Of course you can calculate the radius of a sphere (in this case a
4-dimensional hypersphere) from the curvature of that sphere.

Just make the assumption the universe is a hypersphere and then what's the
formula to calculate the radius from the curvature? And don't tell me it's
not a hypersphere, just make the assumption then what's the formula?

And 2nd, the WMAP data does NOT show the universe is flat. It just shows
that omega is very very close to 1, which doesn't mean it's flat, but just
that it's very very large. Given the fact that omega is very close to one,
the statistical probability is much greater that it has some small
curvature than that it's exactly flat, that would require omega be exactly
1 to the nth decimal, which is enormously improbable. That's simple math.

Just one more example of supposedly intelligent scientists wildly
MISinterpreting their data...

On Friday, January 17, 2014 1:14:29 AM UTC-5, Brent wrote:
>  On 1/16/2014 4:33 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
> I asked previously if any of you math whizzes could give me the equation
> to calculate the radius of the universe from omega, the curvature, but no
> one could. I'm still hoping to get the equation.
> You can't calculate one from the other.  Empirically, based on the WMAP
> data, the universe is spatially flat.  The radius of the part of the
> universe we're able to see is now (in cosmic time) about 47e9 light years.
> Brent

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit