On Sun, Jul 20, 2014  Kim Jones <kimjo...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> OK. So what separates us then, from dolphins and elephants

Intelligence

> You aren't allowed to respond "Intelligence"

Sorry. Please don't call the cops.

> because intelligence is what makes introspection possible in the first
> place.

If that's true then Watson is conscious because Watson engaged in behavior
that if it was performed by a human would certainly be regarded as
intelligent.

> You can can question many things about the content of your consciousness.

That's true I can,  but I have no way of knowing if Kim Jones can do the
same thing.

> A cat can't.

And how do you know that?

> What part of your brain is more evolved than a cat's brain that allows
> you to say "I know"?

I'm just guessing but maybe the Neocortex because it's the biggest
anatomical difference between a cat's brain and mine. But I do know one
thing for certain, whatever part it is if it evolved then it effects
behavior; and if it effects behavior then the Turing Test works for
consciousness and not just intelligence.

 John K Clark