On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 6:49:12 PM UTC-6, John Clark wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 7:22 PM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> *> By "experience", philosophers (like Galen Strawson, Philip Goff) mean
>> that which you have within yourself right now: the awareness that* [...]
>>

> Awareness? But awareness is just another word for consciousness, so when
> you say  "*It's that experience (not just information) that needs
> processing to produc**e consciousness" *you're saying that to produce
> consciousness you must process consciousness. I don't find that very
> helpful.
>
>> > I assume I can be outsmarted by Watson on Jeopardy!
>>

> Then Watson't intelligence isn't very pseudo.
>
> John K Clark

I agree with those scientists who that say something isn't truly
intelligent unless it is also conscious.

For something to be fully conscious, or self aware, it would want to
"live". It would not want to be "shut down". When Watson starts screaming,
"Don't turn me off!", then it might be conscious.

- pt