On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 8:52:54 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2019, at 12:56, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 5:33:01 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:

>> between those dreams.
>> >
>> > Where can this "person" be to make a statisical inference, if there are
>> only the dreams?
>> >

>> That person makes the inference in the dreams, and test them in the mean
>> (most normal, in the Gaussian sense) consistent extensions where it
>> consciousness differentiate.
>>
>> Those dream are not “nocturnal” type of dream. A dream here is just a
>> computation supporting a Löbian machine, which itself supports a person
>> ([]p &p). The measure one is given either by []p & p (p sigma_1), or just
>> []p & <>t. “[]p” alone cannot work, because G adds “cul-de-sac world” at
>> any transition, and we have to get rid of them, to get the default
>> hypotheses used in probability or credibility theory.
>>
>> We do reverse engineering somehow. We extract the geometry of the
>> universe (the accessibility relations) from the modal logic of the
>> observable/predictable, which is derived from the “material variants” of G
>> (mainly Z).
>>
>> With mechanism, there are no other way, unless adding a magical selection
>> principle, but that would make impossible to trust any digitalist doctors.
>> Would you say yes to a doctor who says that the transplant needs some
>> prayer?
>>
>> Bruno
>>

> But what exactly counts as a digital implant?
>
>  Likely, neurosurgeons in the future will be replacing neurons and groups
> of neurons in human brains with synthetic neurons made of some sort of
> materials, perhaps including silicon, but also biopolymers …
>

> An implant can be said digital if it is emulable at the relevant
> substitution level (that we cannot know for sure, that is why it is a sort
> of bet).
>
> If the primitive matter plays a role, it has to be non Turing emulable at
> all, but there are no evidences for this, and some contrary evidences do
> exist.
>
> Bruno

Suppose you replace one neuron (e.g. w/[OEBN], but something of that kind)
in a human brain. Everything's fine. The you replace a group of neurons.
Everything's fine. Eventually all neurons are replaced. Is the result an
*emulation*?

[OEBN] *An organic electronic biomimetic neuron enables auto-regulated
neuromodulation*
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0956566315300610

Abstract

Current therapies for neurological disorders are based on traditional
medication and electric stimulation. Here, we present an *organic
electronic biomimetic neuron*, with the capacity to precisely intervene
with the underlying malfunctioning signaling pathway using endogenous
substances. The fundamental function of neurons, defined as
chemical-to-electrical-to-chemical signal transduction, is achieved by
connecting enzyme-based amperometric biosensors and organic electronic ion
pumps. Selective biosensors transduce chemical signals into an electric
current, which regulates electrophoretic delivery of chemical substances
without necessitating liquid flow. Biosensors detected neurotransmitters in
physiologically relevant ranges of 5–80 µM, showing linear response above
20 µm with approx. 0.1 nA/µM slope. When exceeding defined threshold
concentrations, biosensor output signals, connected via custom
hardware/software, activated local or distant neurotransmitter delivery
from the organic electronic ion pump. Changes of 20 µM glutamate or
acetylcholine triggered diffusive delivery of acetylcholine, which
activated cells via receptor-mediated signalling. This was observed in
real-time by single-cell ratiometric Ca2+ imaging. The results demonstrate
the potential of the organic electronic biomimetic neuron in therapies
involving long-range neuronal signaling by mimicking the function of
projection neurons. Alternatively, conversion of glutamate-induced
descending neuromuscular signals into acetylcholine-mediated muscular
activation signals may be obtained, applicable for bridging injured sites
and active prosthetics.

- pt