Let's say we were visited by aliens and we were able to communicate with
them such that it seemed obvious they were conscious.

Then, we discovered that their nervous systems, or whatever the analog of
such was, was constituted from silicon, but let's call it organic, wet, and
so on, just an alternative chemistry.

What then? Are they zombies?

What if after talking to them for a while and attributing consciousness to
them based on that, they revealed that they were actually robots
constructed by an alien race on their home planet. Zombies?