--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> Related to TM, my view is that when the mind becomes aware,
> effortless, that the mantra is not there, the intellect says "we
> should think the mantra" and puts the mind in the mantra room. That
> is a very small effort of the intellect (maybe).
<snip>
> Until there is an understanding / foundational perspective /
> experience / lifeview that the intellect is functioning in its own
> domain, by its own rules and does not need "volition" from a "me".
> (See discussion with trinity some months back). This occurs when an
> indentity with "being the decison maker" dissolves.
>
> So from that clearer, more "awakened" perspective, there is not even
> any effort on the part of the intellect. It -- the intellect -- and
> its processes, just happen. Just as effortlessly as thoughts arise
> in the mind.

FWIW, I'm not convinced that the intellect functions
at all in this situation, on its own or via "volition."
In my own experience, it's more like a Pavlovian-type
response to the realization that I'm not thinking the
mantra.

If the intellect is involved at all, it seems to me, it
would be in the recognition that one is not thinking the
mantra (i.e., discrimination between not-mantra and
mantra). But that doesn't feel volitional either; it
seems to be invoked automatically in response to the
ending of a train of thought.

I'd be hesitant to suggest, in my case, that this has
anything to do with a more "awakened" perspective.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: