That was Karen in the original trailer? Oh.... Aha. :-D-D I didn't like her very much either then... But well, the voice used doesn't matter that much to me after all. Just keep up the good work and do whatever you feel is best for the game (it's you who's creating it and who is so familiar with the Tomb Raider series and so many other mainstream games, and who knows how to code things best, what accessibility solutions to invent...) and don't hurry anything too much or change things the way you don't want them to be just because someone is complaining. After all, you have been forced to do this stuff, although you would personally prefer to do more complicated and interesting games. I am glad to see that MOTA is turning out much better than you expected it could, as you said, so don't let it suffer. :-D Best of luck and my sincere support!
Lukas
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Cross Platform Speech Support

Hi,
Well, I had Scansoft Karen in the original trailer and some people
complained about the voice. So i switched over to Scansoft Daniel for
the newer trailer. Though, since I am going to record all the messages
from scratch to wav files I'll need to know peopls thoughts on this in
advance.
Smile.

Lukás Hosnedl wrote:
Hi Tom,
nice job done there, I'm glad to hear that cross-platform support is eventually possible. I actually do not know any of these voices personally (have probably heard most of them but can't tell which is which :-), but I would certainly prefer a female voice when the main game character is also female. Just didn't sound nice enough to me when I heard a male voice (Daniel???) in the MOTA trailer when it's a Tomb Raider like game. :-) Just my not very useful thoughts,
Lukas