Hi Shadow Dragon,
I'm not really sure what you are suggesting. While it is true the conceptual ideas of rpg style games is changing, especially in terms of audio/video games, but the basic concept of a roll playing game is to assume a character roll within an imaginary world, complete various quests, train skills, and so on. Game books are probably closest to traditional paper and pen roll playing that we have. In such a case the game mechanics are similar to traditional paper and pen games. I do agree that rolling a dice to perform skill checks, roll attacks, etc isn't very realistic, but given that the rpg type games began with paper and pen that was the only way to randomly determine an outcome. If you have a suggestion on how to improve performing skill checks, attacks, etc let me know. Otherwise I think the game mechanics set out by traditional rpg games seams sufficient for our needs.

Smile.