To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] a drastic change is needed for audio games.

Hi Dark,
Lol! My thoughts exactly. However, it really does come down to
manpower and financial resources.
For example, lets compare Shades of Doom to Doom 3.  Can they compare?
Hell no. Why?
Well, for an audio game Shades of Doom is a pretty good game, is
pretty close to Doom 1, but it took David Greenwood quite some time to
put it together and release it. That is just trying to create
something equal to the technology of 15 years ago. However, as I
recall it took ID Software two or three years to produce Doom 3 with
an entire team of software developers working on it full time.  We
can't reasonably expect our accessible game developers to compete with
that kind of product unless we have the same kind of financial budget,
same number of skilled developers etc. It just isn't going to happen
in this life time bro.

Smile.