Hi again,

I am really not sure. Isn't it fair to demand that if people want to use the more advanced input features that they pay a little extra? I really feel as though I am giving away too much, since people can use the engine completely free of charge for open source games. One compromize might be to allow mouse and joystick support in lite and pro, but not in the demo. Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] pro was: Re: programming question

Hi Philip,

While I do understand your problem I do feel it would be wrong to
restrict someone from using mouse and joystick support, and force them
to purchase a more expensive license to have access to those devices.
One thing we are seriously lacking in accessible games is decent
quality support for joysticks, racing wheels, gamepads, mice, etc. I
just feel these features should be included along side keyboard
support.

As for pathfinding perhaps make that a pro feature. After all, it is a
more advanced feature of the engine and could reasonably considered a
Pro option. That's how I'd view it if I were in your position.

Hi there,

I am not sure. The decision about what should be in pro only is always a
tough one. With the same reasoning you could argue that pathfinding should
also be available to everyone, since not everyone will want to spend $100 to
get this or that feature. What makes mouse support different from
pathfinding in this context? On the one hand I understand exactly what you
are saying, but on the other I have to try and make pro as appealing as
possible aside from being allowed to make paid games and if I don't restrict
some useful features, there is no point in doing so at all. Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall