Hi Jeremy,

I for one do understand your position, and you are right. Nobody knows
for sure when VB 6 applications will stop being able to run on Windows
X. I guess the real question I and others have  here is why use VB 6
at all when there are newer  solutions out there like C# .Net or VB
.Net  which have replaced VB 6 on modern Windows operating systems?

This being my personal opinion, but I've always felt that VB .Net is a
major improvement over VB 6 as it has improved Object Oriented
Programming, a powerful development API based on the .Net Framework,
and the fact the .Net Framework is a cross-platform runtime
environment often saves a developer from having to recompile his/her
code for a different target platform. Assuming the app doesn't use any
third-party  libraries that require a specific CPU or target flags
many apps can be compiled for an Any CPU target platform and run on
32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms without having to be recompiled.
In fact, I've even wrote some VB .Net apps that run on Linux just fine
using the latest Mono Framework as well. I think these features are a
necessity  in todays computing environment. So my question here is
what does VB 6 have, that makes it better than VB .Net, and why you
personally want to pick that over VB .Net?

Understand my question isn't here to insult you, make you upset, etc,
but I'm seaking information.  I merely want to know what lead you to
your decision. I think I could respect your position more if you could
give me examples and reasons for them rather than saying this is what
I like to use,  and not back it up  with your reasons why you like it.
Both of us are technically educated men, both have skills programming,
I respect that, but we've also come to  different conclusions on what
technologies are right for the  todays platforms. I'd just like to
know where you stand on this issue, and why you are so passionate
about VB 6 when I think there are much better technologies available.

In any case  I can clearly see you   have decided  on using VB 6.
That's fine, but if you are going to use VB 6  at least try and stick
to established standards and use DirectX 8. Most of the VB developers
out here GMA, Jim Kitchen, BSC, you name it have all moved to DirectX
8 years ago and that is pretty much the norm and standard.  Most of us
are going to install DirectX 8 anyway for those games. I personally
see it as a  convenience  if you would switch to DirectX 8 and use the
same standards and libraries everyone else is using.  Can you at least
do that for us?

Cheers!