I know I barely post on here now, but dark, well done.  Good idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: 11 July 2011 21:10
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Startrek tng trivia error

Hi Tom.

extra missions or an editer would both be nice options.

The one situation I would like to avoid is one where you create the game, do

perhaps 12 missions, then nothing gets done, sinse however good your 12 are
there is always more of the trek universe to explore and challenge.

As to ship names, well if you are using prerecorded speech, perhaps include
generic ship names such as romulan warbird, but also have some specific
names in there.

For instance, you might have a mission warning that one captain has gone
rogue and stolen plans to a destructive weapon the Romulans have been
working on.

The romulan government grudgingly agree to let a federation ship join the
search, however starfleet obviously want as much detail of this weapon as
possible just in case relations with the romulans deteriorate.

So, you would have a couple of romulan warbirds essentially on your side
hunting down the ship, but before destroying it you'd need to catch it first

and perform a deep scan without the warbirds detecting you.

thus for this mission you'd need both the named ship of the rogue
captain, ---- say the Runshat, and generic warbirds as well.

This is just the sort of more complex and delicate mission I'd like to see
in a trek game myself, and while it would require more extensive programming

eg, having the reactions of the romulan ships differ and setting the mission

to end if the warbirds destroyed th Runshat before you scanned it, it would
also give a far better experience of what the Trek universe is actually
like.

beware the Grue!

Dark.

Beware the Grue!