Hi tom.

I didn't realize the us money situation was so insane currently, in fact from conversations we've had about the relative price of things like pizza over there it actually seems things are cheaper than they are over here.

then again, while our government is similarly selfish, they have at least now raised the minimum wage to £1600 a year, something in the region of 24 thousand dollars.

i got my programmers' idea from my friend who is a professional web designer, and currently gets £23 thousand (he recently moved jobs from a 20 thousand one), which is only about $32 thousand.

I can see why so many professionals from this country are moving to the us to get jobs, ---- even apart from the fact there are just no jobs at all around here, ---- a friend of mine with the iquivolent of 4 degrees including law and economics and a masters in human resources can only get temp office jobs, while I've seen people with doctorates working in supermarkits.

When you put it like that, commercial game developement does seem more difficult as self finance, though if Che is write and Jeremy could sell more games than I thought that might well balance things out.

there are however small indi developers who do support themselves, even down to single people working on one game like Sryth, or small teams like Core exiles, though nobody has done it with accessible games yet.

Beware the Grue!