Hi Tom.

on the matter of difficulty, this is actually a more general trend as well. Back in the 80's and 90's, games had to be hard, sinse there couldn't be much too them.

For instance, my favourite game on the amstrad computer was one called rowland on the ropes, a maze adventure game in which you explored an underground toom, ---- actually a litle like Montizumas revenge, accept that rather than traps it had hundreds of enemies! ghousts, mummies, bats, scorpions falling from the cieling, rats, skeletons, even vapires though i never got far enough through the game to get to those.

that game was wreckend as comapratively average difficulty for the time, yet the furthest I ever got was to level 4, and that after many hours of playing.

I did once talk to someone in connection with turrican who actually said that 3d makes games easier, sinse you can run around obstacles rather than having to face them as in 2D. While I don't completely agree, ot after seeing the difficulty some of my friends have with games like maximo ghosts to glory (which has a similar difficulty and theme to ghouls n ghosts), i do slightly see his point.

Games seem on the hole easier now, and people's expectations the same, which I suppose is just a consequence of there being more games produced, and there bering the ability to make games longer and have things like savepoints.

beware the grue!

dark.