While I do agree with these feature requests, we should also remember the scale of the games. Jeremy's developing the games for free, without commercial reinforcement for the efforts. Perhaps if Jeremy were to sell the game after such details were added, or if a subscription rate for the server system were involved, these features could be merited. the problem here, of course, is that if Jeremy charges for the games, then there's a whole slew of other players who'll either complain about that aspect, or else pirate, or else hack.

You can't win, really.

Kai

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Game concepts BGT Version 1.1 Released!

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, in deed. That's something I'd personally like to see. You've had
some really great games like Castaways but not enough different
missions. I love Civilization type games like that, and what I'd like
to see is a game like Castaways be improved to have 10 to 20 campaigns
to choose from.

Swamp is another great title, but I can see some areas of improvement.
Like what's the back story? What's your specific objectives besides
running around shooting hundreds of zombies?How about different levels
or maps to play on?

What I'm saying here in a nutshell you have games that are great in
concept, but lack any kind of depth. You could spend an extra month or
so just filling in the back story adding more quest objectives etc
that would dramatically improve the game play I think.

For example, In a game like Swamp I can see a World War Z type game
where players send in custom maps of certain towns that are infected
by zombie hords. The objective is to move in and clear the town of
zombies to resettle by the human survivers.

Even better is to have some sort of third-party quest editor that
allows the end user to create custom maps and custom quest objectives
which would ultimately boost replay value a lot. Before you know it
I'm sure there would be several submissions of extra content you could
add to the game that would all be to the good. Just some ideas to
ponder.

Cheers!

Thank you Jorge, I'm glad you hear you enjoy my games.  :)  I plan to
continue making games, but I think I will try to spend a little more time on each one so that they become longer. Of course this does mean fewer overall
titles, but it's worth trying since it seems like what the majority are
asking for.

Jeremy, i just wanted to tell you:
please go on with your projects and go on with your own
style of development.
In this community the thing the people do best is to
criticize without presenting any positive ideas.
Your games are a big fresh air on this community and I
would love to see you going on with your games.
People can say that your games are short but some of them
if they had the same ideas before, they could easily charge
30 dollars or more.
If they say the games are short, why they didn't come up
with the same ideas before?
A Fsp multiplayer game only can please the majority of
players and why noone did that before excepting the
complicated case of audioquake?
I understand why some people can be worried about your
games because in my opinion it's not normal for this
community that the best audiogame ever produced is still
railracer which is 5 years old.
Just my opinions so go on with your games.
Because of my professional life and my small baby, I don't
have much time to play but when I have some minutes I
enjoy very much your swamp.
Cheers,

Jorge Gonçalves
jopo...@hotmail.com