On Sep 28, 2009, at 1:29 AM, peter sikking wrote:

> Jon A. Cruz wrote:
>
>> I think I might have one that can count as subtly different.
>>
>> Working on a prime image and drawing pieces, reference, etc from
>> other images. Especially since I tend to think spatially, this is
>> one I do a lot. I also tend to combine this workflow with others you
>> have already listed.
>
> is this 'compare and reference' as fully covered by the polaroids?

In some cases it might, but in many it does not. The lack of items
such as the rulers, etc. tends to slow me down when I'm "constructing"
something.

My impression is that the polaroids are an improvement for "inspired
by" work, such as I often see designers hash out. Using a "reference"
in my thinking brings a little more of the technical/accuracy aspect
such as measurements with the ruler, etc.