Hi Brendan,
> David, it's just not worth it. The powers on this list are frighteningly
> short-sighted when it comes to discussions like you are proposing. Even
> though a large chunk of the list feels differently, they will moderate you
> eventually into the ground.

Well, "a large chunk" is suitably vague, but I just want it clear that
many of us also appreciate the moderation.  I don't appreciate people
like David Southwell coming in and trying to turn the list into
something that it is not, which is a list about Gimp.  It is not about
Gimpshop, or ImageMagick, or CinePaint, or whatever.  The fact that he
can find some help is not the point - you could probably find people on
this list interested in political candidates or global warming, but this
is not the place for those discussions.

In my opinion.

--
        --alex