" Let alone the "Daddy, my Daddy" scene in The Railway Children. Or the last page of I
Am David..."

Yes, me too. The Railway Children is probably the one which soaks most of my handkerchiefs. The end of The Last Battle also makes me weep, and Nicola finding Giles and Peter at the end of Run Away Home is another.

I recently found, after years of searching, The Ten Pound Pony, by Veronica Westlake, which ends with a huge family reunion (not quite "Daddy, my Daddy" but getting on for). Had just reached this bit and was standing there sniffling, book in hand when in walked the electrician.

Jane