I agree, but your second point implies that you mount, in this case, the
CS:S content, which was the question which started this thread. :-)
Perhaps one of the main reason someone plays your mod is that the models
are so great. If you don't mount the CS:S content you would take money
from valve because if you had mounted it some people would have bought
CS:S to play your mod... mmh

I would mount the content and publish the mod with the model. You could
also check if the content is mountable and if not use some standard
model instead of the CS:S ones.