Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:12 -600
From: "Jerry J. Haumberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired

On 2000-06-30 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

Hi, Ronald --

   >The Zoom is probably from about the same period as the USR,
   >probably not as old as 1986.  I bought a Zoom 2400HC internal modem
   >around 1988-89, as I recall.  That would be about the same era as
   >the USR.  The HST models preceded the V.32 model USR, but they made
   >both types for a while before they made a V.Everything that
   >included V.32, V.32bis, HST, etc.

I see.  The ZOOM and USR I'm dealing with are both external modems.
What's noticeable about the ZOOM (to me, anyway), is that "V.42bis"
is embossed with a little silver label on the front left of the
modem, as though that were a new selling point to show off.  I wonder
when that protocol came out?

   >It seems to me that the Courier HST is just as authentic for the
   >time period of the XT as is the Zoom, maybe more so, because most
   >people buying modems in 1986 would have bought either Hayes or USR
   >rather than Zoom.  The other question is whether you want a working
   >modem or just one that looks authentic <g>.

You've convinced me to at least hold on to this Courier HST until I
find out more about it -- and perhaps more clues on getting it to
work with this XT.  Both of these modems work -- it's just that the
Courier doesn't work with the XT (yet).  So far, the ZOOM works fine
with the XT, but the equally "authentic" Courier would be even better...
Perhaps I should write to uncle Dave...

Jerry          *** delighted with PC DOS and WordStar ***

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to