At 10:58 AM 1/23/2002 -0800, Peter W. Richards wrote:
>Is it just me, or was Protel98 a heck of a lot stabler before they
>client-servered and databased and OLE'd everything to death in 99?  I liked
>98 a lot, but 99 has been a big step back if you ask me...maybe we should
>all demand free downgrades...!

Protel 98 was less stable for me than Protel 99SE. Until I got rid of my
ATI video cards.

There are certain conditions that cause users to experience problems with
Protel; I don't know if 99SE is worse in this respect than P98. Aside from
those conditions (like using W98 without carefully monitoring resource
usage or having your Access drivers overwritten by some other program), it
seems to me that P99SE is *very* stable. I just don't see crashes with it,
under W2000. It appears that this is true for many other users. But users
whose systems and software are working perfectly usually don't write
messages about it here!

I would very seriously miss 99SE if I were forced to go back to P98. It
should be remembered that, with the SE release, Protel showed that it was
listening to us, nearly every request we had made (in a list of
improvements one of us prepared with wide input) was implemented.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA