>    no it doesn't work properly! as soon as the wheel is turned the
keyboard
> freaks out and i have to reboot. (press Esc and the windows start button
> menu    would pop-up.)

this sounds like the MouseWheel driver problem, which was not Protels bug,
but Microsofts. what version of Mouse driver software are you running?
Every time I turned the mouse wheel the keyboard shortcuts in PCB would no
longer wok, until I updated the mouse driver. I found that this was an old
update that Dell neglected to put on my machine when it shipped.

Win 2k reports my mouse driver to be version 3.20.0.484 dated 5/19/2000. If
you don't have this version or later the problem is probably Microsofts and
you can try updating from Microsofts site.

I have also seen a similar problem when my USB bus at home got screwy and
the USB keyboard and mouse got confused. This was without Protel running,
and I plugged in a cheap PS/2 keyboard and mouse as backup. Win XP and
updated drivers fixed this at home.

Rob