Rich, Lloyd,
        while both of your premises have merit they do not cover this case.
The parts were designed using English units and are used in a DDB with
English units. As for editing individual pad locations, didn't happen, never
edited anything within that footprint or any of the others after copying the
segment from the master PCB file.
        There is a slightly similar issue that I have seen before while
copying/rotating selections but even it wouldn't cause this type of problem.
When moving a selection (one part or group of parts and tracks) if I rotate
that selection (usually small 5 deg. increments) the actual selection point
where my cursor is holding the selection can shift. I have seen the cursor
point move 100 mils or slightly more while rotating a selection. I have been
thinking that there may be some form of correlation between these types of
events.
Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.