At 06:23 PM 3/28/2002 -0800, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
>i can assure you that our 'jumped' pad was in the cosmic ray category
>and sounds just like brad's
>[...]i think it kept jumping until i replaced the footprint

What we would hope for, in a case like this, is that the file is saved
as-is instead of merely being fixed. If the problem still exists when the
file is reloaded, then we have a hope of identifying the bug.

(Save Copy As will make a copy without making the copy the current file
being edited. The copy can then be renamed descriptively, like
"PadJumpBug." If there are concerns about IP, it may be possible, and would
be helpful, if the file is chopped down, as long as the problem behavior
remains in the boiled down file. Almost certainly, simply deleting all type
["comment") information and any reference to the company owning the file
would make the file useless to a competitor.)