On 09:59 PM 29/03/2002 -0800, Dennis Saputelli said:
>all i can say is that the pad jumped all by itself, i am quite sure.
>i believe it happened after a save as
>
>brad has seen it, i have seen it, it will happen again ...
>
>Dennis Saputelli

Brad and Dennis,

I think it is a bug.  It sounds serious to me.  I have also seen a number
of circumstances where the only method we could find a fixing something odd
was to reload the component(s) from the library - not a pad movement in our
case but component(s) that will not get properly updated during a
synch.  There is clearly the possibility for corruption, possibly subtle
but corruption nonetheless, of the components in the database.  This should
concern us all.

Can the files be sent to Protel? Though this may not be useful if the
sequence of operations is important.

As a group we could try a tactic of regularly and collectively requesting
progress on this issue. This would allow us to "vote" in some fashion about
what issues are bothering us most.

I know that tech support may not appreciate this suggestion but I think it
would be an experiment worth trying.  ATS is supposed to give us
significantly improved response to such issues, so far I have not noticed a
huge change.  If anything we see that the Protel CSC, who used to post on
this forum with active suggestions and solutions, now only posts
announcements, not really the sort of pro-active activity I would expect
for a very high (at this stage way too high) maintenance tax (ATS).

Ian Wilson