Brad Velander wrote:

> Rich, Lloyd,
>         while both of your premises have merit they do not cover this case.
> The parts were designed using English units and are used in a DDB with
> English units. As for editing individual pad locations, didn't happen, never
> edited anything within that footprint or any of the others after copying the
> segment from the master PCB file.

Yes, I have a number of metric pitch connectors and QFP chips, and the
rest of my boards are imperial, and I've never had any strange problems
like roundoff within Protel.  When generating the Gerber files, you have to
be sure you allow enough least significant digits to prevent that sort of
problem
when the films are plotted.