JaMi Smith wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Yes, and it can be quite common if you are not careful.
>
> Sometimes I will select a PAD and think I have a COMPONENT, and the
> result is that I will move that PAD independent of the COMPONENT, either
> by dragging it or changing its location in a dialogue box, irrespective
> of primitives being locked or not.

This is scary.  I generally click in the center of the component, as I
usually do NOT want to edit the pad, but the component.  But, sometimes,
especially when there is netlist trouble, I click on the pad to see the net
name
more clearly than the way it is drawn over the pad.  Scary to think you can

move the pad with a bobble on the mouse button!

Jon