Jami,
        thanks for the suggestion. I thought reading your early description
that you may be talking about clicking and dragging the pad, tried to do
that but nothing would let me drag the pad, got the component everytime. So
I assume that you were talking about editing the component dialog for the X
& Y coordinates but actually editing the pad dialog. I didn't actually edit
any components after the copy, all the correct information was in all the
parts fields from the original full PCB design, so I needed to do no editing
in the test board.
        I did drag a few parts to new locations and then reconnect the
traces, but not the effected part. Besides which I would have had to do this
on three separate occasions because the three footprint pads are all offset
in three different directions, I think that significantly reduces the fact
that I am just not remembering one time.
        Similarly At times I have misselected items only to realize that the
item I had wanted to move, didn't move. I usually just immediately click the
undo command.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.

<SNIP>