no you can't drag a locked primitive pad as far as i know

i think what brad and i have seen is a genuine bug which is the pad
location data somehow getting scrambled

re the issue of editing a pad when you intend to edit a component
(also re the click action often acting on some primitive that you do not
intend):

my solution is to add hot keys which specifically invoke the old object
type specific action:
Move Pad, Move Component, Edit Pad, Edit Component, etc

i used the Shift key to separate the M E keys etc. from the 'normal'
usage
so the sequence is SHIFT-E (edit) C component, etc.

this gets rid of the touchy feely thing and has pretty much solved this
issue for me
(this, however, has nothing to do with the bug brad and i have seen)

jami,
re your 25 mil hi silkscreen
do the fab shops complain?
can you actually read it or does it all glob together?
when it is that tight and when they can't be charted off to the side
somewhere we usually move them to another non fab layer and move them
right on top of the pads and present those on paper or PDF

of course the pick and place machine doesn't care

Dennis Saputelli