On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 2:23 AM, taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 12/29/2017 12:01 PM, Sandy Harris wrote:

>> That may be good advice, but there's another point of view. ...

> What exactly are you trying to say here? That either one of us are idiots
> like the man in your example?

No,only that it is worth considering factors other than price. My
example is extreme, but I think a fair number of people lack the
expertise or tools to assemble & test a system themselves, or don't
want the possib, or would rather spend money than their time. They
would be better off buying tested sub-systems.