Re: [Fis] [FIS] A Curious Story

2017-01-24 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Dear Otto: > On Jan 11, 2017, at 5:05 AM, Otto E. Rossler > wrote: > > But as convincing as this may be, it is still not my main point. My main and > real point is: CERN refuses to update its official safety report LSAG for > exactly as long.

Re: [Fis] Shannonian Mechanics? - Species specific?

2016-07-01 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
List: > Your claim that information is SPECIES SPECIFIC is completely at variance > with the EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that I presented in my 3 week session that the > minds of different animal species have used the same encoding of gestalt > forms for the past 400 million years since the evolution

Re: [Fis] "Mechanical Information" in DNA

2016-06-10 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
John: Is this just another example of the mis-communication between scientists trained in different disciplines? Is it merely an artifact of the mis-use of terms? In this case, can the mis-communication can be traced back to the mis-understanding of the difference between the semiosis of mass

[Fis] _ Re: Cho 2016 The social life of quarks

2016-01-18 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Koichiro, Bob U., Pedro: Recent posts here illustrate the fundamental discord between modes of human communication. Pedro’s last post neatly addresses the immediate issue. But, the basic issue goes far, far deeper. The challenge of communicating our meanings is not restricted to just

Re: [Fis] [Fwd: Information And Locality, Addendum's]--Steven

2015-10-02 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Steven, Pedro, List: Steven: Your posts are a breath of fresh air. I have long wondered about how you were associating information theory with biophysics and the Peirce philosophic notions of information and symbols. This is now partially clarified. Numerous, very numerous questions are

Re: [Fis] Information and Locality Introduction

2015-09-11 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Dear Steven, Pedro and List: Two excellent posts! Steven: I look forward to your ratiocinations and there connectivity with symbolic logic. It is my view that one of the foundational stumbling blocks to communication about syntactical information theory (and its exactness!) is the

[Fis] Economy of Information -The concept underlying the Information Foundation of the Act of F.Flores L.deMarcos?

2015-07-24 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Fernando, Luis, List: This is a further commentary on your paper, focusing on the section labelled: Agnumetry, quantifying modernization. First, your original thinking in this area is clearly expressed and logically justified. Congratulations. This synthesis of the motivations for human

Re: [Fis] Information Foundation of the Act--F.Flores L.deMarcos

2015-07-23 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
List: This comment is restricted to the proposed use of mathematical structures in context of the social. The mathematical structure of a tree is restricted by the notion of a cycle. A tree is readily converted into a cycle by simply adding a new edge between leaves or joints. The simple

Re: [Fis] FIS newcomer

2015-06-20 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
of the founding fathers of the Philosophy of Information. Therefore, it would be wise for you to be in an agreement with his postulates. Best regards, Emanuel Diamant. From: Jerry LR Chandler [mailto:jerry_lr_chand...@me.com] Sent: Monday, June

[Fis] Information Does Not Equal Communication

2014-11-13 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
URL Source: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PatientCenteredMedicalHome/PatientCenteredMedicalHome/48574?isalert=1uun=g322500d2619R5316671uutm_source=breaking-newsutm_medium=emailutm_campaign=breaking-newsxid=NL_breakingnews_2014-11-13 FISer's: There are many ways to approach the nebulous concept of

Re: [Fis] FIS 2015, Workshop on Combinatorics of Genetics, Fundamentals

2014-10-20 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
List: Their exist many forms of formal logics. One of the several concepts important to logic is an ancient concept: If antecedents, then consequences. In recent decades, the concept of para-consistent logic has emerged. It has found many applications, particularly in the cybernetics of

Re: [Fis] Re to Pridi: infinite bandwith and finite information content CS Peirce and Chemical Nomenclature

2014-07-23 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Pridi, Krassimir, List: (In order to place this comment in context, and for reference, I have copied Krassimir's definition of information below. My comments follow the excellent post of Pridi.) In physical world there exist only reflections but not information. Information “ i is the

Re: [Fis] Re to Pridi: infinite bandwith and finite information content

2014-07-21 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
finite information content (for concrete information subject). Friendly regards Krassimir -Original Message- From: Pridi Siregar Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 10:35 AM To: Jerry LR Chandler Cc: Foundations of Information Science of Information Science Information

Re: [Fis] Re to Pridi: infinite bandwith and finite information content - Information content of Atomic Numbers

2014-07-21 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
are. This is long story about information models ... including your example ... Friendly regards Krassimir On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:33 PM, Jerry LR Chandler wrote: List, Karassimir: I found your definition of information to be a bit confusing because the language is a bit ambiguous to me

Re: [Fis] FIS in Varna. Analogue Computation

2014-07-19 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Pridi: Are you mixing apples with citrus fruits? Pure elastic collision are pre-suppose mass particles. Electrical particles in this context do what? Cheers Jerry On Jul 18, 2014, at 3:21 AM, Pridi Siregar wrote: Dear John and all, The limiting case of the particle collision (pure

Re: [Fis] [PEIRCE-L] Charles Sanders Peirce (1839-1914)

2014-02-26 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Steven: Has your lecture been posted? Cheers Jerry On Jan 7, 2014, at 6:43 PM, Steven Ericsson-Zenith wrote: Dear List, My lecture on the 15th involves an uncommon subject (for me), God. What role does God play in the construction of computing machinery and why is the subject of

[Fis] Nomino-realism and the encoding and decoding of communications

2013-12-08 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
, fis-requ...@listas.unizar.es wrote: 1. Nomino-realism and the encoding and decoding of communications (Jerry LR Chandler) From: Jerry LR Chandler jerry_lr_chand...@me.com Subject: [Fis] Nomino-realism and the encoding and decoding of communications Date: December 5, 2013 11:08:23 PM

[Fis] Nomino-realism and the encoding and decoding of communications

2013-12-05 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Pedro, FISers: Congratulations on a big step forward for FIS! I am delighted to see this major philosophical step (from the term 'information' to the term 'communication' for Pedro as the leader of FIS. The progressive step FROM the philosophy of information as a form of physics / number TO

Re: [Fis] fis Digest, Vol 577, Issue 10

2013-11-07 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Pedro, List: You write: ...a reference to the tension between the empirical and the abstract in FIS. I quite agree, it is one of the essential tensions in any healthy scientific development (whenever it is possible to maintain it). Tensions? Tensions between the empirical and the abstract?

Re: [Fis] Collier's Metaphysics

2013-05-26 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
John: On May 26, 2013, at 10:26 AM, John Collier wrote: Your notion of metaphysics appears to so extremely narrowly restricted that you can exempt your own highly metaphysical writings from your definition of metaphysics. In fact, the traditional usage of the term metaphysics is not

Re: [Fis] Collier's Metaphysics

2013-05-26 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
On May 26, 2013, at 10:46 AM, John Collier wrote: I don't have much idea. I concur. Jerry___ fis mailing list fis@listas.unizar.es https://webmail.unizar.es/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fis

Re: [Fis] fis Digest, Vol 571, Issue 5

2013-05-22 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
. John At 05:42 PM 2013/05/17, Jerry LR Chandler wrote: John: On May 17, 2013, at 5:26 AM, fis-requ...@listas.unizar.es wrote: The vacuum background is random, and hence contains no information in the negentropy sense (see my kinds at Kinds of Information in Scientific Use. 2011

Re: [Fis] fis Digest, Vol 571, Issue 5

2013-05-17 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
John: On May 17, 2013, at 5:26 AM, fis-requ...@listas.unizar.es wrote: The vacuum background is random, and hence contains no information in the negentropy sense (see my kinds at Kinds of Information in Scientific Use. 2011. cognition, communication, co-operation. Vol 9, No 2 ). However it

Re: [Fis] fis Digest, Vol 564, Issue 7

2012-10-22 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Stan: On Oct 22, 2012, at 12:00 PM, fis-requ...@listas.unizar.es wrote: I think it of some interest that I have previously ( 2006 On Aristotle’s conception of causality. General Systems Bulletin 35: 11.) proposed that the Aristotelian 'formal cause' determines both 'what happens' and 'how

[Fis] Aspects of the Logical Philosophy of Information (was: Physical information is WHAT? A Puzzle.)

2012-06-13 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
, there are several additional linear, non-cyclic, assymmetrical 56 structures, with methyl groups and double and triple bonds that you can write that correspond to the formula C8H8.) Best regards, Joseph - Original Message - From: Jerry LR Chandler jerry_lr_chand...@me.com To: fis

[Fis] Physical information is WHAT? A Puzzle.

2012-06-07 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
FISers: The following example concerning the fundamental theory of information in chemistry and physics puzzled me. Logical analyses of this puzzle from longtime participants would be welcomed. Consider any pair of atomic numbers. (Recall that the concepts of atomic numbers were

[Fis] Chemo-informatics as the source of morphogenesis - both practical and logical.

2011-11-06 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
List, Loet, Joe: This email responds to several questions raised in response to my long post of Oct. 16, 2011. Loet asks: 1. What is the equivalent in chemo-informatics of a bit of information? Can this be operationalized as a formula like Shannon's H? 2. Can one compute with this formula in

[Fis] Hannam's Contentious Postulate

2011-03-15 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
A series of responses to recent posts of James, Gavin, Steven, Stan, Pedro, zyx, Joe, and koichiro. FIS response March 14, 2011 v547. ? Gavin: writes: Modern chemistry fell out of alchemy. As far as I am aware, modern chemistry developed its own semantics, grammar and logical symbol

[Fis] Hannam's Contentious Postulate, vol. 547, issue 1

2011-03-01 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
(Pedro: Please Post to FIS) James Hannam, Stan, Pedro, List: Thank you for taking the time to express your point of view. For several years now, I have been studying the origins of molecular biology, seeking a coherent explanation for the meaning for its predictive powers and the

[Fis] Foundational Views of Shannon Information Theory

2011-01-24 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
List: My responses to recent posts by Karl, Stan, Joe, Loet, Gavin, John, and Bob by the number of the digest that I rec’d. I seek to address several basic issues. First, I would repeat my assertion from my post of Jan. 20, 2010, along with Karl’s denial and my comments about his denials:

[Fis] test

2011-01-22 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
test ___ fis mailing list fis@listas.unizar.es https://webmail.unizar.es/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fis

[Fis] fis Digest, Vol 543, Issue 19 (John Collier) and footnote to fluctuon discussion (Stanley N Salthe)

2010-11-20 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
John, Stan, Loet, Krassimir, List: This message responses to posts of both Stan and John, which are, strangely enough, philosophically, intimately related. First, Thank You, Stan, for your illuminating post which clarifies your personal philosophy. (The paper you comment on can be found

Re: [Fis] fis Digest, Vol 543, Issue 19

2010-11-17 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
John, List: A simple semiotic flaw exists in this paper. So, I am not buying into the hypothesis or the conclusions. Reality is far more perplex than mere technical terms. Given the situation, who else can find the logical flaw? Cheers Jerry On Nov 17, 2010, at 12:00 PM,

[Fis] Asymetry and Information: A modest proposal

2009-11-23 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
List, Pedro, Bob: A modestt proposal Without a gold standard for the term information we keep going around in circles. I would suggest that at least three distinct meanings of the term information are in current usage, probably more. For convenience, let us take the Shannon view of

Re: [Fis] Neuroscience of art

2008-09-21 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Prof. Grohn, List: I am curious about what you are seeking to communicate when you write: I am afraid that list can't be validated as a set laws. Laws should be independent of each other. What is the rational for your feelings about law (singular) vs laws (plural)? Is it necessary

[Fis] Re: fis Digest, Vol 501, Issue 5

2007-02-05 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
To: Igor / Ted / Stan First, Igor. I found your perspective here to be 180 degrees off from mine! On Feb 5, 2007, at 6:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Reply to Steven and Ted By genetic constraints I assume you simply mean that we have certain capacities and are not omnipotent. Is not

[Fis] what is life, logically?

2006-11-17 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Karl: I will respond to both your new title to the thread and to your philosophy of mathematics. When you ask the question, what is life, logically? what is the nature of the question that you wish to address? Given your history of posts, I am almost certain that I do not understand

[Fis] genetics: the most outstanding problem, (un)SOLVED?

2006-11-11 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
(To the List: I am re-posting my message to Karl because the original message was not distributed in it's totality; the arguments were truncated.  Cheers  Jerry ) Karl:I fear that I must once again disagree with your strong conclusions about the relations between mathematics and genetics.  I would

[Fis] genetics: the most outstanding problem, (un)SOLVED?

2006-11-08 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Karl:I fear that I must once again disagree with your strong conclusions about the relations between mathematics and genetics.  I would urge you to attempt to find exact correspondence relations between empirical evidence and your views of models based on numbers.From: "Karl Javorszky" [EMAIL

[Fis] Call for Papers 14th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation

2006-09-20 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Call for Papers   14th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC'2007)    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil    July 2-5, 2007  WoLLIC is an annual international forum on inter-disciplinary

Re: [Fis] Physical Information

2006-07-23 Thread Jerry LR Chandler
Dear Rafeal:Your response to Stan (see below) caught my eye, since, on first blush, it appears to be remote from modern physics and the "physics talk" of the (space time energy) trinity.  This trinity is, of course, merely a reification of modern mathematical symbolism.  And this modern