[tw] Re: Tobias' Delete All Tiddlers By Filter

2017-08-14 Thread PMario
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 1:52:55 PM UTC+2, PMario wrote: > > At the moment we don't have a "tm-ask-and-delete-message" needed for your > "(2) Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?" ... At least I think there > isn't. ... > I was wrong: http://tiddl

[tw] Re: Tobias' Delete All Tiddlers By Filter

2017-08-14 Thread PMario
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 1:17:25 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > IMO if you don't constantly backup your TW you are asking for > trouble--sooner or later. > That's right. ... 3 weeks ago my win HD died. Luckily I did back up the data partition some days earlier. Now I have a physical

[tw] Re: Query: Is a "$:/state/..." Tiddler simply a temporary tiddler?

2017-08-14 Thread PMario
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 12:59:41 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > Right. BUT ALSO they seem used a LOT not JUST to register configuration > states but also in macros to hold data temporarily. For instance, you are > making a Tiddler tweetable the content is passed to a "state" Tiddler to

[tw] Re: Tobias' Delete All Tiddlers By Filter

2017-08-14 Thread PMario
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 11:49:00 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Could yours (its just a single macro, right, not a plugin with > dependencies?) be re-factored to accept ANY filter through an input field? > Sure, ... _but_ it would be very destructive and error prone. eg: If there is

[tw] Re: Query: Is a "$:/state/..." Tiddler simply a temporary tiddler?

2017-08-14 Thread PMario
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 12:18:53 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Are Tiddlers named "$:/state/..." simply the TW equivalent of "Temp" files > that can be safely deleted? > partially right: ... state tiddlers are seved but $:/temp/... tiddlers are __not saved__ As the name says,

[tw] Re: requesting help with Template tiddlers

2017-08-13 Thread PMario
Hi, I didn't like my last proposal. So here is a new one, that you can drag and drop import to your TW. The main code looks like this: \define val(tid x) <$transclude tiddler=$tid$ index=$x$ >$x$ . \end \define registers(A:"." X:"." Y:"." N:"." V:"." Z:"." C:".") Registers affected | <> | <>

[tw] Re: requesting help with Template tiddlers

2017-08-13 Thread PMario
Hi Charlie, I personally would go with something like the following code. It will give you a bit more visibility and more control over styling. \define registers(A:"A ." X:"X ." Y:"Y ." N:"N ." V:"V ." Z:"Z ." C:"C .") Registers affected | $N$ | $V$ | $Z$ | $C$ | | $A$ | $X$ | $Y$ || \end <>

[tw] Re: Tobias' Delete All Tiddlers By Filter

2017-08-10 Thread PMario
Hi, Try this one: https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/remove-states/ ... it shouldn't be that destructive, because you can see, what you delete. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[tw] Re: How to set value within in the excise dropdown?

2017-08-10 Thread PMario
Hi Jan, You are posting a link that looks like linking to a TW core tiddler, but it wants to download a .html file?! Call me paranoid, but I personally don't download stuff that is presented in that way. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[tw] Re: Set of radioWidgets: How to set a default value

2017-08-08 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 9:46:32 AM UTC+2, vpl wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm looking for a way to display different radioWidget and set one of them > as the default choice. > > Something like > > <$tiddler tiddler="$:/plugins/vpl/myplugin/shortTableData"> > create this tiddler and set the

[tw] Re: Issue: Data Dictionary Record not showing in "input" box

2017-08-06 Thread PMario
Hi, Did you set the type field of the tiddler: application/x-tiddler-dictionary or application/json? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw] Re: Question: using the browse widget to fill the _canonical_uri field and do other things

2017-08-02 Thread PMario
Hi Pit, This thread and linked example TWs may be interesting for you. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/TL8N40F0DVQ -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails

[tw] Re: the infinite lightness of non-co-ordination on MONEY

2017-07-29 Thread PMario
On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 3:53:06 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Ciao PMario > > Right. > > Ich habe solche Komplikationen gesehen. Sie sind verwirrend :-). > There are several libraries, that can work with money. ... eg: - http://mathjs.org/ .. full featu

[tw] Re: the infinite lightness of non-co-ordination on MONEY

2017-07-28 Thread PMario
Working with money is a bit problematic, if you use a language, that supports floats defined by double-precision 64-bit binary format IEEE 754 which is used in javascript

[tw] Re: Investigation: Can you turn OFF hashtag in WikiText?

2017-07-27 Thread PMario
Hi, - Create a space in front of it. - ControlPanel: Info: Advanced: Parsing .. turn off "list" ... BUT it will disable # and * -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails

[tw] Re: Investigation: SVG in TW

2017-07-27 Thread PMario
Hi Josiah, Working with a viewBox like this will cause trouble in the future. ... you'll need to start at 0 0 so eg: 0 0 100 48 otherwise your content will need to be transformed already, to match the viewbox. ... This creates unnecessary svg elements and it makes batch

[tw] Re: Investigation: SVG in TW

2017-07-27 Thread PMario
On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 11:26:28 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > *I've partly answered my own question.* It will work using ID's in TW but > only so long as the Tiddler containing the source SVG is also open. Once > its closed the href's from any other Tiddler to it expire. I don't

[tw] Re: Investigation: SVG in TW

2017-07-26 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:20:58 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > TW works well with SVG. Its well understood & integrated into it. > That was one of biggest changes between TWclassic and TW5. SVG was specified and implemented into browsers, for a very long time already, before

Re: [tw] Re: Saving in Safari

2017-07-24 Thread PMario
On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 11:22:25 AM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote: > > In addition you should note that ALL standard browsers will cease simple > overwrite saving by early 2018. > > > It’s not quite that bad: TiddlyFox will stop working in the latest > versions of Firefox, but those download

[tw] Re: TW5 can't pass a tiddler w/ spaces as a macro param

2017-07-22 Thread PMario
Hi, Try this: <$set name="tit" value="""$title$"""> see: http://tiddlywiki.com/#Macro%20Calls%20in%20WikiText -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email

Re: [tw] Help! I killed my Node TW

2017-07-21 Thread PMario
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 3:52:18 PM UTC+2, K500 L501 wrote: > > When this happens to me, I go to the tiddlers directory and remove all > those .tid files which I suspect to be the cause of the crash. > Its probably one of the last edited before the crash. > IMO You should make a backup first,

Re: [tw] Re: Kann man Tiddlywiki als Adressdatenbank benutzen ?

2017-07-21 Thread PMario
Hi Marko, Wenn die Info bis jetzt nicht ausreicht, dann lass es uns einfach wissen. Wir werden das schon hinbekommen. :) Die Frage ist nur, wie viele Datensätze du speichern möchtest? -mario -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw] Re: Can I set button popup param to a field instead of a tiddler?

2017-07-19 Thread PMario
Hi, That's exactly, what the qualify macro was made for. http://tiddlywiki.com/#qualify%20Macro%20(Examples):%5B%5Bqualify%20Macro%20(Examples)%5D%5D%20%5B%5Bqualify%20Macro%5D%5D -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw] Re: LOADING

2017-07-18 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6:41:45 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > I'd rather not have to spend 3-6 seconds waiting for it to load every time > I navigate back to it since I am constantly going in and out of it. > hmmm, If loading of a tab takes 3-6 seconds, that's bad ... There's

[tw] Re: LOADING

2017-07-18 Thread PMario
Ahh, OK .. That's the "*retain*" setting from the reveal widget: http://tiddlywiki.com/#RevealWidget If you set retain to yes, it will keep the stuff in the browser DOM. .. It's faster to display, ... BUT ... it also takes part in the TW refresh cycle. So, even if the content is hidden,

[tw] Re: LOADING

2017-07-17 Thread PMario
Hi, Depends on your browser setting. Not TW specific. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to

[tw] Re: My Transclusion headache

2017-07-17 Thread PMario
Tobi Beer has some nice examples: http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#Templates:Templates%20%5B%5BConditional%20ViewTemplate%20Section%5D%5D about templates. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and

[tw] Re: My Transclusion headache

2017-07-17 Thread PMario
Hi Tony, It's all relatively straight forward. .. I think I know, what causes your headaches. The fact, that you can't do $(var)${{!!field}} .. It needs to be $(var)$$(secondVar)$ ... to work The fact, that the list-widget modifies the currentTiddler by default. ... BUT there is a

[tw] Re: Command line from TiddlyWiki

2017-07-17 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 3:44:40 PM UTC+2, Jed Carty wrote: > > I would really like to be able to run a bash script from a tiddlywiki, but > I haven't figured out how yet. > I'm pretty sure, that you don't want to run arbitrary scripts form untrusted sources on your computer, if the browser

[tw] Re: My Transclusion headache

2017-07-16 Thread PMario
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 3:46:07 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote: > > Where I start to have difficulties is when I try to use values in widgets, > macros etc... > I see. > My particular application uses a field in outer with multiple named > tiddlers (Like a tags field) > eg tiddlerlist: "Overview

[tw] Re: My Transclusion headache

2017-07-16 Thread PMario
> including macros etc... I want to pass a value to subsequent lists etc... > that is not reevaluated in every other tiddler/macro/filter etc... > Once upon a time, there where no global macros. Macros could only live within the tiddler where they have been defined. Users felt great pain.

[tw] Re: My Transclusion headache

2017-07-16 Thread PMario
> > how can I construct a variable, that once set in the primary tiddler will > retain its value in all subsequently transcluded tiddlers, > In TW variables have a scope. ... That means they are only valid inside there scope. Simple test: If you copy paste the following snippet into an

[tw] Re: My Transclusion headache

2017-07-16 Thread PMario
Hi Tony, I think, you are mixing up fundamentally different things (fields, variables and macros), and that gives you a headache. I'll try to point you into the right directions. On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:18:03 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote: > Using field values in my primary tiddler, > Fields

[tw] Re: A TiddlyWikified Lens on Spreadsheets

2017-07-15 Thread PMario
Hi Steve, Interesting. ... You could create a "backdrop" tiddler like this: title: $:/config/EmptyStoryMessage {{HelloThere||$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate}} With this configuration, the "HelloThere" tiddler will be allways on, if the story is empty. have fun! mario -- You received this

[tw] Re: Investigation: Random -- But Within A Range

2017-07-14 Thread PMario
imo better: \define number()$(n1)$$(n2)$$(n3)$$(n4)$ <$list filter="0 1 2 3 4 +[random[1]]" variable="n1" > <$list filter="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 +[random[1]]" variable="n2" > <$list filter="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 +[random[1]]" variable="n3" > <$list filter="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 +[random[1]]"

[tw] Re: Investigation: Lightboxes in TW?

2017-07-14 Thread PMario
Hi TT, Should it be a lightbox only, or should there be the standard "writer" interface too. ... I personally don't like popups and modals. IMO they waste screen real estate. Images, videos, .. should be full-screen with minimal UI, even in a TW. I'm thinking about stuff like these: -

[tw] Re: Adding sources to tiddlers

2017-07-13 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:22:35 PM UTC+2, Matt wrote: > > I have a number of tiddlers that I need to reference the source of the > information that they contain. Currently I have simply added the source to > the bottom of the text. > > This is OK but I have found in instances where I wish

[tw] Re: Displaying field entries

2017-07-12 Thread PMario
Hi Matt, This doesn't make sense. Your list doesn't create a list. <$list filter='[all[current]]'> {{!!field1}} It's the same as if you write {{!!field1}} ... If you describe, what you want to achieve imo would be more efficient, than let us guess, what you want. -mario -- You

[tw] Re: [TW5] How to use $list filter in css stylesheet?

2017-07-12 Thread PMario
Hi magev958, I did add some more info to the pull request: see: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/2737#issuecomment-314855978 If you get the content from this ViewTemplate: http://2737.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FViewTemplate, which is part of the PR, you can use the

[tw] Re: TW5 Clarification on events

2017-07-12 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6:36:47 AM UTC+2, myst...@gmail.com wrote: > > I believe i can create a widget that will intercept various messages > heading to the navigatorWidget and fieldManglerWidgets > before they receive them. > right > If i read the code right, the message can be

[tw] Re: TW5 Clarification on events

2017-07-12 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6:36:47 AM UTC+2, myst...@gmail.com wrote: > > Bonus question: is there a way to add a class tag to the ViewTemplate w/o > modifying the actual ViewTemplate? > There is a standing pull-request at github, that tries to add more flexibility to single tiddler

[tw] Re: What do each of the color fields in the ColorPalette tiddler correspond to?

2017-07-10 Thread PMario
On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 10:27:06 PM UTC+2, Wayward Horizons wrote: > > It seems unclear, and it's not listed anywhere. > Hi, Do you mean, the ControlPanel: Appearence: Palette: Editor, or just the swatches, shown by the palette switcher? In the editor the names of the fields should be self

[tw] Re: Debugging in TW

2017-07-08 Thread PMario
hi, if you open the dev console with f12 you'll get more details. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To

[tw] Re: [TW5] [NodeJS] Duplication of tiddlers when edited.

2017-07-06 Thread PMario
Hi Riz, IMO you should describe, what you want to achieve. ... IMO you are "mis-using" the tiddlywiki.files setting. tiddlywiki.files was not invented to create .tid files. It is intended to deal with files, that are externally created, but

[tw] Re: [TW5] list-tagged-draggable not right behaviour. How to change?

2017-07-02 Thread PMario
Hi, http://tiddlywiki.com/#ActionListopsWidget may be an option. Have a closer look -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw] Re: Mother begats Mother -- Daughters are spawned anonomously

2017-06-28 Thread PMario
Hi, I have absolutely no clue, what you are talking about here!? -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To

[tw] Re: Sort tiddlers tittles chronologically

2017-06-27 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 4:32:56 AM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > You're overworking the title field. Ideally any data field in a database > system should only contain one type of data. By embedding the date in the > title, the field is actually doing 3 jobs (id, title, and date). Consider >

[tw] Re: Hide groups of fields in the EditTemplate based on prefix?

2017-06-27 Thread PMario
Hi Joshua, IMO you just need to place your custom fields: contact.*, character.*, ruleset.* into your own namespace. eg: rpg.character.something, rpg.ruleset.*, rpg.* ... Can you see it? Now your filter can be: [all[current]fields[]!prefix[rpg.]] +[sort[title]] short test: <> you can have /

[tw] Re: [TW5] How do I center an image?

2017-06-27 Thread PMario
Hi You may have a look here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/Fbeo5zYZJp4/atBd8-D4AwAJ I did link a json file to the post, that you can drag & drop import. It contains a macro, that lets you float text around and image, or center it. have fun! mario On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at

[tw] Re: [TW5] Introducing my Plugin Library

2017-06-27 Thread PMario
Hi Andrew, Nice work. except the background. Sorry to say this but IMO you have to be completely color blind, to be able to read anything on the page. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop

[tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-26 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 2:43:37 PM UTC+2, Lost Admin wrote: > > I'm not PMario, but I can do short. > > Hate CamelCase? Use Caption instead. PMario's uni-link for Pretty Names. > like it ...  -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &qu

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-26 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:01:07 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > The Bundler works really well. My only issue is I really would like to be > able to document what's in a bundle without it throwing off the count ... > > I'm wondering if there is another way to deal with this if it can't be

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-26 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:26:40 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > I think the beauty of it is it eases export and import a lot in a minimal > way. If somehow the same "Bundle List" could be passed to selectable delete > it would make it a top-notch management tool IMO. > > The fact is

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-26 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:44:32 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > > Its not an issue for plugins if taken over whole since the author deals > with that in the plugin anyway? > > So it would be needed for *only* the small number of cases where you > bundle Tiddlers from a plugin, but not

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-25 Thread PMario
Just pushed a new version: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/pVqcVuNaTbA/ZB4w3T8lAQAJ -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-25 Thread PMario
Hi Rob, Just pushed a new version https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/ 2017.06.25 - V0.1.0 .. fixes backlinks and missing tiddlers issue please test. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed

[tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-24 Thread PMario
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 4:31:24 AM UTC+2, Rob Hoelz wrote: > > I think I found a bug, although it might be the intended behavior: it > seems that the backlinks filter no longer yields results with uni-links. > Hi Rob, That seems to be a bug. I'll have a look. Thx for testing. -m -- You

Re: [tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:22:05 PM UTC+2, AlexHough wrote: > > I suppose what's happening here is that the title is being used to create > a URL friendly link for viewing over the web. > And what you can do then is to create a variety of ways of linking to it. > exactly. > just thinking

Re: [tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:06:55 PM UTC+2, PMario wrote: > > .. the "subtitle" / "caption" combination makes a nice fit, for the text > and to sidbar TOC area. > And with {{title!!caption}} and {{title!!subtitle}} we also have more possibilities to cre

Re: [tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
Hi Alex, On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:51:04 AM UTC+2, AlexHough wrote: > > Feedback: it works well, great work! > Thanks :) > I think this will make it easier to compose more fluid texts / narative > threads though TW > Yea. I did like the idea, since I'm using tiddler titles, that look

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5:41:26 PM UTC+2, Stuart Amor wrote: > > When creating the links its a lot easier to point them to the > shorter tiddler title, but it would be nice to allow the previewed text > (which is read by the uninitiated) to see the current long form. > Hi Stuart, I

[tw] Re: [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
--- reserved --- -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to

[tw] [INTRO] uni-link plugin

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
Hi Folks, I pushed out the "uni-link" plugin [1]: discussed here in a different thread [2], here in the group. It's a new parser for the the TW link / prettylink detection: eg: [[test]] ... it links to the tiddler named: test but it shows a

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
Hi Folks, I pushed out the "uni-link" plugin: https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/ discussed here in the thread. It's a new parser for the the TW link / prettylink detection: eg: [[test]] ... it links to the tiddler named: test but it shows a different text. Depending on the

[tw] Re: Why Can't TW do Alarms?

2017-06-23 Thread PMario
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 3:30:56 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > A few times in the last few months this has come up > > > * Why Can't TW do Alarms?* > Probably, because nobody did them? > > Is this intrinsic to its nature? > If the browser doesn't run, how should TW produce an

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-21 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 3:30:33 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > I'm not sure what is being compared here. > If you open "ConrolPanel: Info: Advancec: Parsing" tab, you can disable every single parsing rule. The "prettylink" rule is one of them > When you say 'prettylink', do you mean the

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:47:31 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > The problem with Tobias' macro in this context, in addition to probable > performance issues (it uses both list and regex), is that it can be broken > if a person, for instance, clones a tiddler and forgets to update the alias >

[tw] Re: Keystroke to Close Current Tiddler in TW5

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 1:47:05 PM UTC+2, Kevin Kleinfelter wrote: > > While viewing. > TW doesn't know, which tiddler you look at, at the moment. How should we know, what the current tiddler is. ... Which plugin do you use in TWclassic? Do you use a tabbed view? -m -- You received this

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 12:03:15 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Part of my issue, I think, has been discussion that makes it like WE need > to solve the issue. We do NOT need to solve the issue. Its already solved > 9.6 times out of ten. Its much more about linkage than anything, I

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 9:42:21 PM UTC+2, Lost Admin wrote: > > > Playing devils advoate here: It seams to me it would get very annoying if > I'm transcluding a bunch of different SVG tiddlers into my own tiddler and > they all have separate copyright and license notices. The copyrights and

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 8:44:56 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > > The one part of my original question that hasn't got answer is IF its > possible, at the moment, to move a tiddler such that in a new TW with a > "copyright" or "license" field could be forced to show. That would be >

[tw] Re: Can I have a "Cancel character" for all TW formatting? (TW5)

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
this may be an option too: http://tiddlywiki.com/#Hard%20Linebreaks%20in%20WikiText """ *test """ -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[tw] Re: Can I have a "Cancel character" for all TW formatting? (TW5)

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
Hi, TW has a syntax for this eg: code-blocks ``` *test ``` or backtick for code: `*test` also see: TiddlyWiki - wikitext docs Does that work for you? -mario

[tw] Re: Keystroke to Close Current Tiddler in TW5

2017-06-20 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 3:14:38 AM UTC+2, Kevin Kleinfelter wrote: > > How would I implement a keystroke to close the current tiddler in TW5? > Do you mean while editing? saves ... closes edit mode. -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

[tw] Re: Presenting: Range Slider - sliiiide 'em settings, baby!

2017-06-19 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 2:50:00 PM UTC+2, Mat wrote: > > PMario wrote: >> >> It seems your latest projects carry the Upgrade library >> <http://rangeslider.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2FUpgradeLibrary> around. ... >> > > THANK YOU SO MUCH MARIO!!!

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-19 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 2:10:13 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > You are also missing one point that by declaring a copyright that gives > ALL rights you are also declaring a copyright that has to be replicated, > even if ALL rights are given. If that is what you want then "This is NOT >

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-19 Thread PMario
TL;DR -- Valid for your image usecase only I would handle it that way: Create a tiddler: Image-Licenses with the content: Everything that is tagged: $:/tags/Image is license: x, y, z ... <> and link the tiddler somewhere in the "Thanks to: " section of the wiki. -- Reasoning

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-19 Thread PMario
... :) please wait a bit. I'm not finished yet -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group,

[tw] Re: Query -- The Fully Self-Revealing Tiddler?

2017-06-19 Thread PMario
Hi, First things first: Copyright [1] and Software Licensing [2] are different things. Quote Wikipedia: Copyright *Copyright* is a legal right created by the law of a country that grants > the creator

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-19 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:38:14 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > The lowest, and most basic, "Copyrightable Unit" is the Tiddler. It is > not plugins or other assemblages (like bundles). They can, of course, > collectively define their contents under Copyright, but the basic unit >

[tw] Re: Can I have a "Cancel character" for all TW formatting? (TW5)

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
Hi j3diH, ... It's probably easier, if you describe in more detail, what you want to achieve. If you are brave try this, if it fits your needs: *Attention*: Messing with the parsing rules can "brick" your TW. ... So BACKUP first :) If you messed up your TW: There is a "safe-mode

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 1:35:28 AM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > I don't think "phony " is quite the right term. It's a bit pejorative. > q:-) ... ok > Maybe "prettierlinks"? > imo to close to the original. ... What about "*uni-link*" in the sense of "union" or "universal" or just "one" if

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 6:34:41 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > subtitle might work. I see that its been used exactly 6 times so far. But > what I liked about 'caption' was that it automatically got used in the toc > macros. Perhaps the toc macros could be written to select the titles with >

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
@Stuart, Please don't be afraid by the "techy" conversation here. You scratched in important issue, where we don't have a generic solution yet!! On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 3:20:18 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > But if it only needs to be short for menus ... just use it for menus and > let

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 11:00:57 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > The files include a macro that when invoked like <> returns a > link to "My Tiddler Caption". This macro is used by the other bit of code, > which overwrites the core prettylinks code to use the macro whenever you > have a

[tw] Re: Globally changing internal links to display caption text if possible?

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5:41:26 PM UTC+2, Stuart Amor wrote: > > Is there a way of making an internal link, such as [[Contents]] return the > caption field of the Contents tiddler (if it was available) rather than > title? > > To give you some background, I am writing a collaborative

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 1:01:51 PM UTC+2, PMario wrote: > > *So you basically should include the license tiddler*: > https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/bundler/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwikilabs%2Fbundler%2Flicense > > *too*. It contains the copyright notice. and a link

[tw] Re: Presenting: Range Slider - sliiiide 'em settings, baby!

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
Hi Mat, It seems your latest projects carry the Upgrade library around. ... The TW is 13MByte in size. so it loads incredibly slow. at least for me. 20++ seconds .. Please also check you latest stuff. I did experience the slow

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-18 Thread PMario
Hmmm, That's interesting. This points out, that we should create a "best practice" info about plugin configuration / licensing, soon. On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 10:29:01 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > I noticed that you can

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-13 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 7:39:31 AM UTC+2, PMario wrote: > > > The "enlist" operator makes no difference between line-break and > white-space. So "// asdf" is counted as 2 tiddlers. > Technically you can write a list of bundle tiddlers in one r

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-13 Thread PMario
On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 1:48:51 AM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote: > > *Comment*: > Enable Import Bundle doesn't check for duplicates in the bundle. (I know, > it probably doesn't matter) > It's like a "log" function. If something is imported twice, it's recorded twice. > *Comment*: > If

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-13 Thread PMario
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6:02:36 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > > > *STRAIGHT TO JSON?*At the moment when you click the download icon on a > bundle you get these options ... > > > > Instead, could it not, by DEFAULT, skip that menu and go directly to a > JSON download? > I did a test,

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 11:38:13 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Ciao PMario > > PM: - Bundle function as a list of tiddlers. One tiddler per line > > > > *IGNORE COMMENT PREFIXED LINES FROM COUNT* > That's not easy to implement, with the current mechanism use

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 4:07:03 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > Ciao PM, I think "Bundler" makes most sense for the plugin name & glad you > changed to it before it got too late :-). > Yea, That's one reason, why feedback is so valuable ... and there is the advantage of beta software.

[tw] Re: [presentation] CSS in TW

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 12:13:43 PM UTC+2, Mat wrote: > > The following was intended to be a presentation at the 2017 European > TiddlyWiki Meetup in Oxford > . It > turned out to be a most wonderful event but we had too

[tw] Re: Presentation - Tools menu in Sidebar is too messy

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
Hi Mat, Your approach is much less destructive than mine :)) -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post

[tw] Re: Presentation - Tools menu in Sidebar is too messy

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
Hi, Just open the SideBar/Tools tiddler: http://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FSideBar%2FTools and remove the element. see: <$transclude tiddler=<> field="description"/> -m -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 1:27:01 PM UTC+2, PMario wrote: > > new version available: V 0.1.0 - > https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/bundler/ > @TiddlyTweeter ... As suggested, I did also rename the plugin to bundler! ... The settings tiddlers needed to be renamed too, since

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
new version available: V 0.1.0 - https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/bundler/ On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 10:59:42 PM UTC+2, PMario wrote: > > --- reserved post --- > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscr

[tw] Re: [INTRO] Tiddler Bundle Plugin

2017-06-12 Thread PMario
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 11:14:32 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote: > > codacoder expressed too what I also later found, that not being able to > overwrite is a limitation. > The new version will have a setting: Enable Overwrite Check, which is off by default. > If one conceives of Bundles

<    5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   >