Mark,

I am yet to test this but could it be extended as follows

<<editnsave myfield "stringvalue">>

But idealy
<<editnsave myfield "{{!!myfield}}">>

to prepopulate it?

It is often helpful to utilise the edit of a value to display it as well so
that you can save screen realestate.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0dceac07-beb2-4274-8c1f-c04a5e49acff%40googlegroups.com.