> I see no reason why the Android version of Chromium would "need" Google Analytics more than the desktop versions.

I am not saying it needs it.

> It is minified.

I know. But you can unminify it. That's what I meant. It is still difficult to read due to the non-descriptive variable and function names but that is surely easier to reverse engineer than a binary code.

> Jxself points out how Mozilla restricts freedom 2 through its trademark policy. That abuse is a (real) problem that is not related in any way to hypothetical licensing issues in Firefox's code base.

I may be wrong but it seems to me it contradicts your previous:

>> I have never heard of licensing issues in Firefox.

To put it differently: license-wise, it looks like Firefox is not free software due to the restrictive licensing terms which you and jxself mention. So saying that it has no licensing issues is incorrect.

> What do you mean?

The above.

> It is a completely separate issue. Actually a "non-issue" if it is disabled.

Well, it is an issue that it exists in the first place and that it is enabled by default. It reveals the intent of the vendor and that is what bothers me. Add to that the affiliations of that same vendor with PRISMed companies, the way they disregard bugs about privacy concerns etc.

> I have never seen the FSF pretending that.

You have because I have shown it previously (paragraph 3 and next):

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/web-browser?page=4#comment-127279

And as a whole: the talks about how malicious non-free software followed by conclusions and advises "that's why you should use free software" definitely creates the implication that free software is safe. So it becomes a common assumption.

> For the nth time, the free/proprietary distinction essentially has nothing to do with what the software does, with its "behavior".

I know that. Yet consider the above and the reason why people here prefer free software and ask various questions about how to secure their communication and web browsing perfectly etc. Surely not because they want free telemetry. So this is an issue that needs to be addressed somehow.

> The only difference that it makes is that a user who wants to help Mozilla improve Firefox through telemetry cannot.

Help Mozilla? The helpless Mozilla corporation? I am not quite sure I get your point.