> On Sep 20, 2016, at 10:30 PM, David Grayson <davidegray...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You still haven't mentioned any specific use cases so it's hard to imagine
> what you actually want this utility to do.
>
> What would the utility do if I tell it to transfer data from a USB mouse to a
> USB sound device?  What would the utility do if I tell it to transfer data
> from a USB networking device to a USB keyboard?  Do you have some use case
> that is less silly?

David,

Easily testing a mouse or keyboard for broken keys or broken circuitry
(transferring to a file, for example) is one example which is not too silly for
many users. And with growing popularity of robotics cards, automation devices
(for home and business), and device development, checking data transfer
capability is critical in a growing number of cases.

Currently, the most popular use would be checking and arranging for audio and
video, especially live video, transfers as well as piping data from input
streams to output devices. The cause of any issues in quality of transmission
for any data could be easily identified by the typical user.

Problems that originate from firmware compatibility (which are also bound to be
increasing) could be easily identified rather than practically impossible to
identify.

The space for practical interchanging of drivers for most users would open the
way for standardization of chips and drivers.

If there are any security concerns, they could be addressed by Apple in the
app, while opening development instead of closing development of data transfer
technologies.

I'm sure that on an Apple communication I needn't do the math of multiplying
the effect on development of technology when it is made easy-to-access.